Frequently asked questions for the Solo Travel Woman Society Getaway.
- What physical shape should I be in? Our Solo Travel Woman Society tours are meant for women of all ages and different fitness levels. However, you should be able to walk up to 5 miles per day. We will not be walking 5 miles a day every day, but on some days we will, and they will be broken up throughout the day. If you are not able to do it, we will not be able to execute the planned day’s itinerary to everyone’s detriment. If you are already walking 10,000 steps a day, or on most days, you will have no problem keeping up. Occasionally there may be hikes.
- What if COVID causes my trip to be postponed? We work with suppliers who offer flexible changes. If your trip is postponed or needs to be adjusted due to COVID, we will be sure to communicate the supplier terms with you in advance.
- What age should I be?
The minimum age to join our tours is 21 years old, and there is no upper limit, as long as you are in good health and able to keep up with the rest of the group.
- How big are your tours?
Our tours range from 11 – 35 people. We limit the number of women on our tours so we can maintain a friendly atmosphere during the journey, and so that everyone gets individual attention. We want you to feel like you are traveling with a group of friends, which you can’t experience on typical large (50 – 60 people) tour groups. We do have a minimum of 11 people needed to confirm a tour. If the minimum is not met, the tour will be canceled. We will also be kicking out our Solo Travel Woman Mini-getaways which will consist of smaller tours of 5 – 8 women.
- I am traveling alone – do I need to get a single room?
No. All our tours are double rooms, meaning you are matched with another traveler. If you would like your own room you can book this when your confirm your trip for an additional cost. Single rooms are offered based on availability given by our supplier.
- Can I stay longer or arrive earlier?
Yes. Please check off the appropriate box in the registration form and we will advise you about the cost and make the additional reservations for the hotel. Since the hotels where we stay are in prime locations, they tend to fill up early; please contact us as soon as you know that you want to extend your stay. Payment for additional nights is due along with the final payment. On some tours, we may arrange a group transfer to/from the airport, so your individual airport transfer may not be included for early arrivals/late departures. Please check the specific tour itinerary.
- What should I expect from the trip?
You will discover historical gems and unspoiled nature, but you will also be pampered so that you can truly rest, rejuvenate, and get in touch with your mind and spirit. Some trips may be more face-paced than others. We limit the number of guests so that you will receive personal attention and have the ultimate travel experience.
- Do your tours include airfare?
We do not include any airfare to get to the destination within the cost of our tours. Because women from all over the world travel with us, there is no convenient place for all of us to meet before the tour. However, we are more than happy to work with you to help you book your airfare separately.
- What does the tour cost include?
For most tours, the price covers accommodations: centrally located, cultural hotels in the city, all land transportation in spacious, air-conditioned private buses or minibusses; meals as per itinerary – some meals are a la carte and you order what you like; all sightseeing costs per the itinerary: site admissions, fees, and guides; taxes and luggage handling fees; good times, lifetime memories and new travel friends.
- Do I need a visa for the countries we visit?
Most destinations to which we travel do not require a visa for US, Canadian, or Australian travelers. For some countries, visas are purchased at the airport when you arrive. For others, you will need to obtain a visa prior to departure. Please check the appropriate tour’s description for information on entry requirements or contact us if you are not sure. It is your responsibility to learn this information.
- What money will I need in addition to the cost of the trip?
Most expenses are covered by the price of the trip. You will need money for some meals, tipping the local guides and drivers on tours where it is not included, and you may bring some spending money for buying gifts, alcoholic beverages, spa services, or for covering personal expenses such as laundry or phone calls. Other items not covered in the price are: – airfare to the tour starting point – any extension costs – single supplement (optional) – travel cancellation/foreign medical travel insurance – custom fees, excess luggage fees – personal expenses (telephone charges, mini bar, laundry expenses, etc.)
- Should I insure my trip?
Travel insurance is mandatory to join our getaways. This is in case you need to unexpectedly cancel your trip, miss your flight, lose your luggage, or have a medical emergency during the trip. If you do need help obtaining insurance contact email@example.com and we can help you.
- What should I pack?
It is best to arrive with clothing that will allow layering and provides protection from changing weather conditions. Make sure you bring your sunglasses and sunscreen, as well as your Chapstick. Most of your clothing should be comfortable clothes, but you may want to bring one dressier outfit suitable for going out to an evening concert or a formal restaurant. You will receive a recommended packing list appropriate for each destination in your pre-departure package.
- If you have other questions which have not been answered here, please contact us and we will be glad to discuss other aspects of the trip with you. Thank you for your interest!