My 3 Week Packing List for Europe
On Saturday, I begin my 3-week long journey in London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, and Vienna. To say I am excited is an understatement. However, I did find myself struggling with what to pack since my first 2.5 weeks abroad is a vacation and the remaining time is for a work event.
This schedule means, not only do I have to pack for various temperatures but, also a few outfits for business casual meetings. All this while only using a 29″ suitcase – no more than 40lbs.
Here’s the plan.
- Stick to mostly solid colors that can be interchangeable.
- 2 long sleeve blouses
- It is cooler in London than some of the other locations I am traveling so, I want to be prepared for that and those milder nights on the town.
- Blouses are also great to match with dark denim jeans and heels for work
- 2 pairs of denim jeans
- 1 light pair for a more casual outfit.
- 1 dark to pair with a blouse or dress top for nights out and/or work
- 2 pairs of shorts
- Denim or casual materials for site seeing and hot days
- 3 – 4 summer shirts
- Mix tank tops and short sleeve shirts
- 2 Kimonos
- I am a kimono queen and love pairing them with tank tops for added sun protection or to dress up an evening outfit.
- 2-3 summer dresses
- A mix of maxi and casual
- Can be dressed up with the right pair of shoes and a cardigan
- Perfect for casual sightseeing and evening dinners
- 1 light jacket
- Should be rainproof
- 1-2 cardigans
- For chilly evenings or to dress up an outfit
- 2 bras
- One white, one black
- 4 pairs of socks
- 1 swimsuit
- 2 pairs of athletic pants
- For the dual purpose of working out and sleeping
- 1 comfy sleeping shirts
- 2 long sleeve blouses
- Stick to 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of comfortable walking flats, 1 pair of heels and 1 pair of flip flops (for hostel showers).
- Accessories: backpack (duals as a purse), small wristlet that fits in a backpack but, can also be used alone, light jewelry (nothing too flashy) such as 1-2 necklaces, watch, 1-2 bracelets, rings, 1-2 sets of earrings
- Utilize compression packing cubes to save space within my suitcase
- Travel Towel
- Universal Adapter
- Pack travel laundry packets to do quick washes in sinks, if needed
What do you think about this packing list? Do you have your own go-to items that you want to share? Leave a comment and let me know!